Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

dl.orion - 13 Tracks

dl.orion (pronounced delorean) is a producer from BNC Switzerland that I've had the pleasure of working with on a few cuts.  (One Two Yo!, Highlights, Back to the Essence)  We met on the Stones Throw board and over the last few years and have developed and friendship/working relationship. 

A few months ago when I was putting together "The Dig Up" he mentioned he was working on a project that was part beat tape, part remix album and part original tracks.  I was sold when he just said he was working on a project, but when he told me the concept I was even more interested.  Time progressed and as he would get closer and closer to finishing the project, he would give me an update on the project. 

Finally after a few months of anticipation he hit me up with a preview of the album and it's exactly what I was wanting and expecting. dl. orion, armed with an MPC2500, drops cold hard beats reminiscent of Havoc,  Alchemist and DJ Premier's production.  Brooding beat downs over some familiar vocals and original tracks, "13 Tracks" is crafted like a portfolio highlighting dl.orion's production skills promise as a producer/beatmaker.  This is a sure shot head nodder.



No comments: