Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Falling Down & DJ Spoolz - The R.I.P. EP

Today I was greeted with an email from DJ Spoolz about a project he dropped that I had no idea about.  Falling Down, producer for Killarmy and other Wu-Tang related projects, and DJ Spoolz, The Proforms, Ace-One etc., teamed up on a tribute instrumental EP titled "The R.I.P. EP".  This is not your average instrumental project, Falling Down lays down the instrumentals and DJ Spoolz layers in cuts from fallen artists like ODB, Biggie, Big L and Big Pun. 

The result... 10 joints of some seriously soulful Wu tinged beats with sharp cuts from Spoolz. Spoolz said they're currently debating re-releasing the project with emcees doing tributes over the instrumentals.  If that happens, I will be copping the joint, no doubt.  Regardless, this is a dope project worthy of a spin. 

Do the math...



@fallingdowntrax

@djspoolz


No comments: